Monday, March 2, 2015

Takutai Pinot Gris 2009

Name: Takutai

Variety: Pinot Gris

Country:  Nelson, New Zealand

Year: 2009

Price: $21

Bottles Finished: 0 (Tasting Only)

Wine review: Since this wine weighs in at 14%, the fruit was clearly very ripe. That ripeness is reflected in the flavors as well, which feature nectarine and honey accented by hints of white pepper. It’s full bodied and lush, with a long finish that mingles the sensations of sweet and spicy.

My review: For $21 I would expect a lot more out of this wine but I just was not impressed. Quite mediocre, sadly. Clean pineapple on the nose with a spicy flavor profile of earth and meadow. I was confused with this wine and had a difficult time describing it. I would like to come back to try this wine after studying wine for a longer time, and also pair this with food. Perhaps my experience would change for the better.

Rating:
Straight


No comments:

Post a Comment