Sunday, March 1, 2015

Petrucco Ribolla Gialla 2009


Name: Petrucco

Variety: Ribolla Gialla

Country:  Friuli, Italy

Year: 2009

Price: $21

Bottles Finished: 0 (Tasting Only)




Wine review87 points –Wine Enthusiast This well-priced Friulano would pair nicely with spicy Indian or Thai food thanks to the creaminess and richness of its mouthfeel. In addition, the wine offers a solid bouquet of peach and melon that would not compete with fragrant ingredients 100% Ribolla Gialla.





My review
: Shame, I was hoping to like this wine more, but on the palate I just wasn't that impressed. With aromatic notes of light shambles and flowers, lemon, and greens, I experienced a palate that was different than what the bouquet prepared me for. Dry, cracked pepper, spice, and damp earth. On paper it sounds great, but on the palate I was a bit disappointed.




Rating
Straight

No comments:

Post a Comment