Sunday, February 15, 2015

Hugl Grüner Veltliner 2013


Name: Hugl

Variety: Grüner Veltliner

Country: Niederösterreich, Austria

Year: 2013

Price: $14

Bottles Finished: 0 (Tasting only)




Wine review89 Points – Wine Enthusiast
"A fresh scent of green pears greets the nose. What follows comes in a light, crisp citrus vein, supported by a rounded mouthfeel. A refreshing wine for immediate drinking. - Anne Krebiehl, MW".


My review: This was a very confusing wine to me. On the nose I got honeydew promising of a sweet palate to come, as well as the aroma of hay to add complexity. However, upon drawing in the wine, I was sharply surprised. The wine was very dry and even dense. I had a hard time understanding the flavors of this wine, I could only sense sharp straw, but the rest was hard to tell. The flavor profile did not live up to the nose, and wasn't even a pleasant surprise.

Rating
Three-of-a-Kind




No comments:

Post a Comment